BSW Block Party
Thursday October 18th 6pm at JUMP (Pioneer Room)
- 4:00pm – Founder War Stories
- 5:15pm – Innovation in Regulated Industries: A fireside chat with BlueCross of Idaho and Ian Harris, President of VYNYL
- 5:45pm – Pitch Competition: $10k Winner Announced
- 5:45pm – Welcome to Boise Startup Week by Mayor Bieter
- 5:45m – Trailmix: Winners Announced
- 6:00pm – Boise Startup Week Keynote: Matt Rissell, CEO of TSheets (by Quickbooks)
- 6:00pm – Block Party – Lounge on Fire and The Sheepdogs Presented by TSheets and Perkins Coie
Hailing from Saskatoon, three-time JUNO awarding winning artists THE SHEEPDOGS’ burst onto the international scene after beating out thousands of artists in 2011 to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. Since then, The Sheepdogs have amassed six JUNO nominations, toured worldwide and earned Platinum certification for their 2010 LP Learn and Burn.
Lounge On Fire
A 7-deep battalion with a brass section, fused from the ashes of indie rock, seductive soul, and sexadellic funk, Lounge on Fire is a cacophony of formidable freaks. Rapid and percussive vocals often combine with dark and hypnotic grooves reinforcing a boisterously brassy fanfare to create a unique coalescence of rock, soul, jazz, latin, disco, hip hop, and funk. Lounge on Fire has been noted for their electric live performances that make it impossible to sit physically or emotionally still. This rowdy ensemble channels passion from the roots of the human experience and the dark night of the soul into gyration-inducing anthems.